How does a person with a disability know if a restaurant is accessible? Most of the time it is word of mouth. But, someone has to discover you first. This guide will help help people with disabilities and their friends and family choose an accessible restaurant as their next place to eat.
The initial phase of the guide is going to be based around Eastern Market to coincide with the American’s with Disability Act (ADA) National Legacy Tour celebration stop on July 21st at Eastern Market. It will be distributed at the Market during the celebration and posted on this website.
If you are a person with a disability or an ally and you would like to review restaurants – click here for restaurant review form.
If you are a restaurant and want to be a part of the guide –
What do you need to do?
Fill out the self evaluation survey found at self-survey form.
2. Write a check for $35.00 to Disability Savvy.
3. Mail it to 7873 Woodingham, West Bloomfield, MI 48322
What do you get in return?
1. New customers!
2. A listing and accessibility review to be distributed at the ADA 25 Celebration on July 21st at Eastern Market.
3. A listing and review in the Metro Detroit Accessible Restaurant Guide through the summer of 2016.
4. Follow-up reviews by people who visit your restaurant posted online.
4. The opportunity to be assessed by Disability Savvy for accessibility at a reduced cost. This will include a written report about how to improve accessibility at your restaurant.